Architectural Designer (Intermediate Level) – New York, NY, USA | Works
This is a full-time position open to qualified designers with approximately seven years of experience in a professional design office, with experience in construction documents and construction administration in the United States. A university degree in architecture is required. The candidate must be based locally, in or around New York.
Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is an interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality design, with offices in London and New York. This is a great opportunity for a driven architectural designer to work on a variety of exciting projects in New York, Miami and Los Angeles.
Candidate responsibilities will include:
- Assist the design team with initial concept presentations, including researching images and preparing schematic diagrams.
- Production of construction drawing packages, with particular emphasis on carpentry and detailing.
- Sourcing materials, ordering samples and compiling detailed schedule documents including FFE, fixtures and hardware.
- Site visits, including small-scale surveys, production of field reports and post-completion checklists.
- Ability to work as part of a larger project team, including liaising with contractors, coordinating design work with external consultants, and communicating regularly with vendors.
- Ability to work under the direction of the New York office manager, as well as communicate with the Studio team in London via long distance correspondence.
The candidate must be:
- Highly motivated, with excellent communication and organizational skills and the confidence to work with contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Technically competent and efficient in delivering high-end projects within a specific budget and schedule.
- Know local procurement and construction regulations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Have extensive experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Microsoft Office. 3D modeling experience and hand drawing abilities are a plus.
Please send your resume and six examples of your work to [email protected] with the subject ‘BOS Studio – NY job application’.
View your application history
Back to task list…