Performing Arts Education Customer Service and Publishing Agent – Job posting
Combine your interest in publishing, your passion for helping others and your understanding of music in this exciting new role. A fabulous opportunity to make a difference in performing arts education!
At AMEB, we believe that creativity is in everyone. Our goal is to nurture it by providing an inspiring world-class education in music, speech, theater and dance.
Every day we support thousands of learners, teachers and parents of all ages and stages, in Australia and around the world.
We are 100 years young and continue to lead the way with our contemporary publications and resources, innovative online learning platforms, inclusive events, world-class exams and qualifications.
We are proud to employ and work with the best in the industry. And now we’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping others, has a keen interest in publishing, and would love to make a difference.
Sound like you? Come join us!
About the role
The Customer Service and Publishing Officer will maintain our reputation for delivering exceptional customer experiences, while providing essential support in the creation of our educational resources.
In this newly created role, your passion for helping people will be evident as you help our customers with their questions and help your colleagues with their administrative needs..
You will also work closely with and provide administrative support to our publishing team and key publishing stakeholders to ensure our publications and digital assets are delivered efficiently and successfully. Over time, you will have the opportunity to gradually expand your skills in this space.
You will bring to this position a keen interest in publishing, as well as a sense of mutual support and an affinity for processes and organization.
The ability to learn and use multiple online systems, platforms and technologies is an essential part of the role, as is building productive relationships with people inside and outside the organization . You’ll also be proud to be an AMEB Ambassador, knowing that your work helps build AMEB’s impact and reach.
This role is part of our customer and sales support team and our publishing team. This is a full-time position and a fixed-term contract of three years (6 months of trial) will be offered with the possibility of extension. The role will be based in Naarm/Melbourne where our office is located and we offer flexible working arrangements.
Please note that employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a valid work with children check.
what you gonna do
- Respond to customer inquiries with efficiency and empathy to reach an appropriate resolution.
- Build constructive relationships with publishing stakeholders (including reviewers, consultants, and composers) and other internal teams.
- Assist in the planning, administration and delivery of publishing projects, including preparation of contracts, coordination of proofs and preparation of manuscripts, with the possibility of extending proofreading, typesetting and listening to tests.
- Identify opportunities to improve workflows, procedures and results across customer service and publishing.
- Provide general administrative support to the entire organization, including booking business travel, arranging meetings, and ordering supplies, and assist with other activities such as administering exams and delivering online products as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for their own safety and that of others.
What you will bring to the role
- Good understanding of musical performance, written music and music theory.
- Interest in dance, speech or theater beneficial but not essential.
- Strong communication, human relations and customer service skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Curiosity, creativity and thirst for learning.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Mac or PC systems and MS Office suite, and confidence to quickly learn new or custom programs and platforms.
- Knowledge of music notation software is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Our culture and working environment
We are committed to creating an inclusive, supportive and respectful environment for our employees. We are also proud to offer a workplace that promotes continuous professional development, flexible work arrangements and career development opportunities.
Additionally, our employees have access to a contemporary employee assistance program that includes lifestyle and wellness programs and exclusive discounts.
How to register
Send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for the position: [email protected]
We celebrate the depth, strength and value that diversity brings, across cultural backgrounds, job skills, work styles, personality types, life experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all individuals.
Learn more about us at ameb.edu.au. If you have any questions about us or the role, contact Krista Imberger, Executive Officer, on 1300 725 709.
Applications close on Monday, June 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. AEST.